Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration and Dawson

Today, Dawson was home from school with an eye infection. Since he was at home, I thought we would spend the morning watching the inauguration and talking about President Obama "taking office", the historical impact of Obama's election, etc....in 4 year old language of course.

Well, we had been talking about all of these subjects then I had to go put Abigail down for her morning nap. I left the TV on the inauguration coverage. When I came back into the living room Dawson was looking in our coat closet...also where we keep all of our games. When I asked what he was looking for and if he would like to play a game he reponded, "I'm looking for our United States of America puzzle. I want to put it together." As we dumped the pieces out I could tell that Dawson was searching for certain ones. Finally, he found the two pieces that create Washington D.C. and put them together. He said, "Look Mom, it's Washington D.C., that's what they've been talking about on TV." I think he got the lesson!

It was a sweet moment! Just wanted to share...

No comments: